WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. These text files can be read by these websites and help to identify you when you return to a website. Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer when you have gone offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to block and delete cookies, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/.
All IP addresses are encrypted.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
Google Analytics and Google Website Optimizer
Google cookies are those beginning “__ut”.
To opt out of this analysis by Google, please see the OPTING OUT section below.
Google AdWords and Google Remarketing
We use the online advertising program Google AdWords and the Google Remarketing technology, both operated by the company Google Inc. ("Google").
For measuring conversion with Google AdWords, a conversion tracking cookie is placed when a user clicks on a Inky Acorn Designs advertisement delivered by Google (“Ads”). Conversion tracking cookies expire after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. Google uses a different cookie for each Google AdWords customer and there is no consolidation of the cookie data with other data. If you click on one of our Ads and proceed to a page equipped with a conversion tag and the cookie has not yet expired, the conversion is documented. With the help of the conversion tracking cookie we see the total number of conversions and are able to review the performance of our Ads. You can find more information about Google AdWords here.
When you click on one of our Ads, a Google Remarketing cookie is placed. This cookie helps to serve our Ads to you at a later time when you browse pages of the Google content network. Remarketing cookies expire after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. For more information on Google Remarketing, please see here.
Google cookies are those beginning “__ut”.
To opt out of personalised ad serving by Google, please see the OPTING OUT section below.
We think it’s important that you are able to control the collection of personal data relating to your use of InkyAcornDesigns.com, and have therefore made sure that you can opt out of any personal data collection using cookies or other technologies as set out below.
You can use the settings within your browser to control the cookies that are set on your computer or mobile device. However, please be aware that cookies are important to many aspects for the Platform – if you set your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to enjoy all of the features of the platform. To find out how to see what cookies have been set and how to reject and delete cookies, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org.
To opt-out of analysis by Google Analytics on our website and other websites, please visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
To opt-out of personalized ad delivery on the Google content network, please visit Google’s Ads Preferences Manager or if you wish to opt-out permanently even when all cookies are deleted from your browser you can install their plugin here.
To opt out of interest-based ads on mobile devices, please follow these instructions for your mobile device: On android open the Google Settings app on your device and select “ads” to control the settings. On iOS devices with iOS 6 and above use Apple’s advertising identifier. To learn more about limiting ad tracking using this identifier, visit the settings menu on your device.
- We use Adobe Forms to collect your messages to us via our About and Contact page. We collect your email address so that we can liaise with you regarding your query. We will not add your email address to any marketing list or share it with any third parties.
- We use google forms to collect your order requirements and collect information so that we can fulfil your order (like you address). This data will only be used for the purpose of fulfilling your order. For example, we will share your address with our printing partner so that they can arrange delivery of your product. It will not be shared with anybody else. We will only store your data for 24 months before it will be anonymised for sales history and improvement purposes.
1. Introduction: Inky Acorn Designs needs to collect and use certain types of information about the Individuals or Service Users who come into contact with Inky Acorn Designs in order to carry on our work. This personal information must be collected and dealt with appropriately whether is collected on paper, stored in a computer database, or recorded on other material and there are safeguards to ensure this under the Data Protection Act 1998. 2. Data Controller Sophie Hodges is the Data Controller under the Act, which means that it determines what purposes personal information held, will be used for. It is also responsible for notifying the Information Commissioner of the data it holds or is likely to hold, and the general purposes that this data will be used for.
3. Disclosure: Inky Acorn Designs may share data with other agencies such as the local authority, funding bodies and other voluntary agencies. The Individual/Service User will be made aware in most circumstances how and with whom their information will be shared. There are circumstances where the law allows Inky Acorn Designs to disclose data (including sensitive data) without the data subject’s consent. These are:
a) Carrying out a legal duty or as authorised by the Secretary of State
b) Protecting vital interests of a Individual/Service User or other person
c) The Individual/Service User has already made the information public
d) Conducting any legal proceedings, obtaining legal advice or defending any legal rights
e) Monitoring for equal opportunities purposes – i.e. race, disability or religion
f) Providing a confidential service where the Individual/Service User’s consent cannot be obtained or where it is reasonable to proceed without consent: e.g. where we would wish to avoid forcing stressed or ill Individuals/Service Users to provide consent signatures.
Inky Acorn Designs regards the lawful and correct treatment of personal information as very important to successful working, and to maintaining the confidence of those with whom we deal. Inky Acorn Designs intends to ensure that personal information is treated lawfully and correctly. To this end, Inky Acorn Designs will adhere to the Principles of Data Protection, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Specifically, the Principles require that personal information:
a) Shall be processed fairly and lawfully and, in particular, shall not be processed unless specific conditions are met,
b) Shall be obtained only for one or more of the purposes specified in the Act, and shall not be processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes,
c) Shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to those purpose(s)
d) Shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date,
e) Shall not be kept for longer than is necessary
f) Shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under the Act,
g) Shall be kept secure by the Data Controller who takes appropriate technical and other measures to prevent unauthorised or unlawful processing or accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal information,
h) Shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of Individuals/Service Users in relation to the processing of personal information. Inky Acorn Designs will, through appropriate management and strict application of criteria and controls:
• Observe fully conditions regarding the fair collection and use of information
• Meet its legal obligations to specify the purposes for which information is used
• Collect and process appropriate information, and only to the extent that it is needed to fulfill its operational needs or to comply with any legal requirements
• Ensure the quality of information used
• Ensure that the rights of people about whom information is held, can be fully exercised under the Act. These include: o The right to be informed that processing is being undertaken, o The right of access to one’s personal information o The right to prevent processing in certain circumstances and o The right to correct, rectify, block or erase information which is regarded as wrong information)
• Take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard personal information
• Ensure that personal information is not transferred abroad without suitable safeguards • Treat people justly and fairly whatever their age, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation or ethnicity when dealing with requests for information
• Set out clear procedures for responding to requests for information
4. Data collection: Informed consent is when
• An Individual/Service User clearly understands why their information is needed, who it will be shared with, the possible consequences of them agreeing or refusing the proposed use of the data
• And then gives their consent. Inky Acorn Designs )will ensure that data is collected within the boundaries defined in this policy. This applies to data that is collected in person, or by completing a form. When collecting data, Inky Acorn Designs will ensure that the Individual/Service User:
a) Clearly understands why the information is needed
b) Understands what it will be used for and what the consequences are should the Individual/Service User decide not to give consent to processing
c) As far as reasonably possible, grants explicit consent, either written or verbal for data to be processed
d) Is, as far as reasonably practicable, competent enough to give consent and has given so freely without any duress
e) Has received sufficient information on why their data is needed and how it will be used
5. Data Storage: Information and records relating to service users will be stored securely and will only be accessible to authorised staff and volunteers. Information will be stored for only as long as it is needed or required statute and will be disposed of appropriately. It is Inky Acorn Designs' responsibility to ensure all personal and company data is non-recoverable from any computer system previously used within the organisation, which has been passed on/sold to a third party.
6. Data access and accuracy: All Individuals/Service Users have the right to access the information Inky Acorn Designs holds about them. Inky Acorn Designs will also take reasonable steps ensure that this information is kept up to date by asking data subjects whether there have been any changes. In addition, Inky Acorn Designs will ensure that:
• It has a Data Protection Officer with specific responsibility for ensuring compliance with Data Protection
• Everyone processing personal information understands that they are contractually responsible for following good data protection practice
• Everyone processing personal information is appropriately trained to do so
• Everyone processing personal information is appropriately supervised
• Anybody wanting to make enquiries about handling personal information knows what to do
• It deals promptly and courteously with any enquiries about handling personal information
• It describes clearly how it handles personal information
• It will regularly review and audit the ways it hold, manage and use personal information
• It regularly assesses and evaluates its methods and performance in relation to handling personal information
• All staff are aware that a breach of the rules and procedures identified in this policy may lead to disciplinary action being taken against them This policy will be updated as necessary to reflect best practice in data management, security and control and to ensure compliance with any changes or amendments made to the Data Protection Act 1998. In case of any queries or questions in relation to this policy please contact the Inky Acorn Designs Data Protection Officer: Sophie Hodges, firstname.lastname@example.org
Glossary of Terms Data Controller – The person who (either alone or with others) decides what personal information Inky Acorn Designs will hold and how it will be held or used.
Data Protection Act 1998 – The UK legislation that provides a framework for responsible behaviour by those using personal information.
Data Protection Officer – The person(s) responsible for ensuring that Inky Acorn Designs follows its data protection policy and complies with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Individual/Service User – The person whose personal information is being held or processed by (insert name of org)for example: a client, an employee, or supporter.
Explicit consent – is a freely given, specific and informed agreement by an Individual/Service User in the processing of personal information about her/him. Explicit consent is needed for processing sensitive data.
Notification – Notifying the Information Commissioner about the data processing activities of (insert name of org), as certain activities may be exempt from notification.